Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Little Crochet Flowers :)



These flowers are just adorable and I use them for the centers of hair bows :) I love them and they give a little different feel to whatever I use them on. They work up in a few minutes and can be used to embellish anything if you just need something small. :) I had found a pattern but they never turned out right so I made 2 patterns. They both are about the same size but different stitches are used so you can use either that you would like.

What you need:
worsted weight or sport weight yarn (I always use worsted weight)
yarn need
E/4 (3.5mm) or D/3 (3.25) crochet hook

Pattern 1:
Make a magic loop, ch 2 and do 9 hdc's into the loop. Sl st to the top of the ch 2.
*ch 1, 2 hdc in next stitch, sl st in next stitch* repeat *  * for 5 petals.

Pattern 2:
Make a magic loop, ch 2 and do 9 sc's into the loop. Sl st together into the top of the ch 2.
*ch 1, 2 dc's in the next stitch, sl st in next stitch* repeat *  * for 5 petals. finish off

Very simple patterns. They turn out pretty much the same but i prefer the second pattern. You can finish off after the circle and the use the slip knot method and attach another color for the petals.

I did play around and I found a way to add another row of petals. I will show how to do this in another post.



No comments:

Post a Comment